Wednesday, March 18, 2020

March 18th

Hello families!

Mr. Berkowitz has created a Flipgrid for FMS to stay in touch with you all. This grid will be run by Mr. B, Nurse Ricki, and Ms. DeRosa. 

In the first post, Mr. B says hello and explains the purpose of the grid, as well as reading some links from our gratitude chain students contributed to back at Thanksgiving time.  It's always great to reflect on the things we are thankful for, but maybe especially during challenging times.

Here is a link to the grid.  Please let me know if you have trouble accessing it. https://flipgrid.com/fmschat

I will be starting a grid for students to have an opportunity to discuss their book club books. Hopefully they have all received their packets and books by now.  I posted on my Google Classroom page this morning asking if a student from each group could share the goal for end of Week 2 with their classmates as not everyone took their packet home.

Today I added a new learning link with math card game ideas. I hope this helps families find ways to fit in math in a fun way that feels like play.

Also on my Google Classroom page, I am posting daily question for students to answer. About 5 kids have been on so far to check things out. I am loving hearing from them!! Remind them to scroll down each day to see more posts. Some days there will be more new content than others.

I hope you're all doing well. Happy Wednesday.

Ms. Hoskins



I really appreciated this visual I found on Facebook this morning. Thought it might ease some parents'/guardians' stress. We know you are trying to do all the things right now. The things on the right are what's most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment