Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Virtual Hangout

I know the kids all miss each other, and I miss them. One suggestion from our district leadership is to facilitate weekly hangouts through Zoom or Google Meet. Today, I put a poll on Google Classroom that I would like all students to fill out with their time availability for a virtual hangout with their classmates. Please assist them with this by reminding them of your own schedule at home, and if there is off-limits time for technology. Times listed include hour blocks between 8am-3pm. The virtual hangout will likely be about 30 minutes. (In other words, if the most popular time chosen is 11am, I will pick a day for us to hangout from 11-11:30am.) More info. to come once a time is chosen.


2 comments:

  1. Hi. First thank you for all that you are doing to keep students engaged and working. I know it is a lot of work (twice as hard as a regular day).

    I would love to be able to get google hangouts/zoom/google meets on the calendar so that we don't over abuse the bandwidth. If you could give us a 24-36 hour window we would move around the adults schedule to make sure we are not conducting or facilitating meetings at the same time. Maybe on Monday you could announce some options of times and days for the week and then we at home could work from there to make it happen. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. LaRosa!
    I have been waiting to see if a few more kids might participate in the poll I created to see what the best time would be for a majority of people. I told them today that I am hoping to make a decision Friday. I will surely post when a decision has been made!
    Thanks for checking in! Hope everything is going well your way.

    ReplyDelete